Halloween is just days away!! If you don’t have plans for the actual day (Friday, October 31), then look no further than this handy-dandy blog post. I’ve accumulated event listings from a bunch of different sources, like Los Angeles Magazine, SantaMonica.com and more, for your convenience. Happy Haunting!
Knotts Scary Farm
- Every Halloween, Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park turns into a frightful scene of mazes, fog,”scare zones? of monsters, spooky rides and more.
- My review: http://diariesofadomesticdiva.com/2014/10/10/fun-weekend-ideas-friday-knotts-scary-farm/
Queen Mary Dark Harbor
- I LOVE the Queen Mary Dark Harbor event. If you’ve ever been on the Queen Mary during the day, you’ll see just how much they go all out for the Dark Harbor event in the nights leading up to Halloween, and on Halloween. There are 3 mazes that take place on the actual ship, and 3 in the grounds before. With monsters, shows, ghosts and “spooky” food, it’s a ton of fun.
- My review: http://diariesofadomesticdiva.com/2014/10/24/fun-weekend-ideas-friday-queen-mary-dark-harbor/
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios
- If any place can pull off a convincing monster, it’s Universal Studios! The annual frightfest features seven mazes, a Terror Tram through the backlot, zombies of the Walking Dead and more. NOT suitable for children or pre-teens.
- Website: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/
Frightfest at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- If you’re up to the drive, or live in the Valley, head to Six Flags for Halloween for more mazes than any other haunt (eight), as well as monsters, zombies and ghouls.
- Website: http://frightfest.sixflags.com/magicmountain
The Purge: Breakout
- This terrifying, interactive event is inspired by the Purge movie series. You’ll head into a haunted house and participate in the scaring!
- Website: http://purgebreakout.ticketleap.com/purgehalloween/
LA Haunted Hayride
- A Halloween tradition, the Haunted Hayride takes you in a hay-filled wagon through the abandoned Old Zoo in Griffith Park. But you’re not alone – the experience has plenty of nightmares hidden within.
- There’s also a maze, a haunted village with reenactments of horror films and scare zones once you make it safely off the wagon (if you make it safely off the wagon).
- Website: http://lahayride.com/m/index.html
Delusion: Lies Within
- Yet another immersive experience for the truly brave out there. You’ll head to a historical Victorian mansion in the West Adams District, The Fitzgerald Manor. There, you’ll participate in a spooky interactive theatre.
- Website: http://www.enterdelusion.com/delusion-2014/
Monsters, Mummies and Mayhem at the Hollywood Museum
- If you’re a horror movie aficionado, this exhibition is for you. Costumes and props from the movies that kept you awake at night, like Carrie and The Walking Dead, are on display for Halloween.
- Website: http://thehollywoodmuseum.com/
World-Famous West Hollywood Halloween Party
- Every year, Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood closes down all the way from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Blvd to welcome hundreds of thousands of revellers. From costume contests to a celebrity MC to live music and drink specials in the bars, it’s a total Halloween shitshow. Perfect for people who like music festivals and big crowds and a nightmare for those who don’t.
- Website: http://www.visitwesthollywood.com/halloween-carnaval/
2nd Annual Santa Monica Zombie Pub Crawl
- Start off the evening bright and early at 6:30 p.m. for a pub crawl through Downtown Santa Monica! You’ll visit Rusty’s Surf Ranch, Big Dean’s Ocean Front Cafe, Del Frisco’s Grille, 41 Ocean and Ye Old King’s Head for $4 drafts, $5 wells and $5 shots all night. The catch? You are required to walk like a zombie from pub to pub. No talking – just grunts, growls and limb-dragging. You can also get zombie makeup done for free by Tony&Guy makeup artists if you would like.
- $12 presale, $15 day of
- Also get $15 off your first ride with Curbed with code ZOMBIE2014
- Website: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-santa-monica-zombie-crawl-tickets-12627789057
Wok-ing Dead Party at Wokcano Santa Monica
- The Zombie Pub Crawl culminates in the Wok-ing Dead party at Wokcano Santa Monica (but you can attend this without attending the pub crawl). DJ Frankie will be spinning tunes, there is a laser light show and costume prizes.
- Food and drink specials served from 8 – 10 p.m.
- Website: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wok-ing-dead-2-halloween-party-tickets-13395814241
Halloween at Bungalow Santa Monica
- After work, head to Bungalow in the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. The mandatory costume party starts at 5 p.m. and rages until 2 a.m. There is no cover, but there is sure to be a line, so aim to get there on the early side.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/thebungalowSM
Heaven & Hell at Playhouse Hollywood
- The Heaven & Hell party has been running for 20 years at Playhouse Nightclub! 1,000 people are expected to show up. There will be 2 rooms of music, a patio, a VIP section, EDM music, LED lighting, a $5,000 costume contest and fashion models and porn stars (like MC Ron Jeremy) in attendance.
- 10 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- Website: http://whatshappeninghalloween.com/events/heaven-hell-2014-playhouse-halloween/
Stan Lee’s Comikaze
- If you’re more into classic horror than slutty horror, head to Stan Lee’s Comikaze event (that runs until November 2) at the LA Convention Center Downtown. There will be horror, fantasy, sci-fi, gaming and anime complete with trick or treating, attractions, contests and celebrity appearances.
- Website: http://comikazeexpo.com/
Haunted Hotel at the W Westwood
- If you love The Shining, pretend you’re at the Overlook Hotel by checking into the W’s”Haunted Hotel”. There will be music by DJ Five Star.
- Website: http://whatshappeninghalloween.com/events/w-westwood-los-angeles-halloween/
1st Annual Downtown LA Halloween Block Party
- Chinatown’s Central Plaza is playing host to the first annual DTLA Halloween block party. General admission is free, but you can also buy a $50 Open Bar ticket for unlimited drinks until 11 p.m.
- DJs include Nico Rusconi,”Mitch Carricart, Tim Chonacas and more.
- 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Website: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/dtla-halloween-block-party-tickets-13783602125?aff=nmjp
4th Annual Nightmares on Main Street at 31 Ten Lounge
- Santa Monica’s Main Street staple 31 Ten Lounge is opening up their massive patio to a two-night Halloween party (Thursday and Friday).
- There will be Top 40 and EDM music, go-go dancers, bars, glow sticks and more.
- Costumes are required
- Website: http://halloweenla.com/event.aspx?e=25903
- Head to Hollywood Blvd staple Supperclub for a night of Top 40, house, hip-hop, dance and mash-up music with sexy and seductive monsters and vixens. Laser shows, colorful lighting, white VIP areas and a huge dance floor will make your photos Instagram-worthy.
- 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Website: http://whatshappeninghalloween.com/events/supperclub-los-angeles-halloween/
Half-Assed Halloween Bash at The Craftsman
- If all these parties are too over-the-top for you, half-ass it at the Craftsman in Santa Monica. There will be Halloween drink specials, homemade moonshine, live music, costume contests and scary movies on the large screen.
- 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Website: http://thecraftsmanbar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/10700293_366524433513323_6935844103267473308_o.jpg
Strange and Unusual: An Interactive Experience for the Recently Deceased at Skybar
- It’s been 27 years since bio-exorcist Betelgeuse has awoken, so Skybar celebrates the occasion with set designs, a graveyard, an Inferno room, live music and an interactive photo booth.
- 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Website: https://nightout.com/events/strange-and-unusual-halloween-party-mondrian-la-los-angeles-2014/10-31-2014/tickets?a=event-listings-214#.VFAp5YvF8kJ
ACME Halloween Pub Crawl
- Crawl through five bars in the Historic Core Downtown this Halloween! Visit the Library Bar’s”Villain’s Bash, Sixth Street Tavern’s “Zombie Prom” and King Eddy Saloon, Spring Street Bar and Beelman’s Pub.
- 7 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- No cover
- Website: http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20141009/d9/76/ae/c8/506225069c1ceceb08a9a4b4/Flyer.png
The Belasco Death Trap
- If you want to stay out all night, here is the place to do it. The Belasco will be open until 3 a.m., with 4 rooms of music and bottle service available.
- 9 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- Website: http://www.flavorus.com/event/Belasco-Fridays-DEATH-TRAP-/270350
Spooky Hotel at the W Hollywood
- The W Hollywood is holding a red-carpet catwalk moment for all its dressed-up guests this Halloween. With multiple rooms of top 40, house, hip-hop and club mixes and multiple cash bars, you’ll party overlooking Hollywood Blvd in style.
- 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Website: http://whatshappeninghalloween.com/events/spooky-hotel-w-hollywood-halloween/
Halloween at the Roosevelt
- The sprawling 40,000 square foot historic Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood is hosting their annual Halloween bash. Visit the Tropicana Pool, the Blossom Grand Ballroom, the Historic Lobby and Teddy’s for music, screams and costumes. DJS DVBBS, Felli Fel and more will be spinning tunes.
- 8 p.m.
- Website: http://www.flavorus.com/event/Halloween-at-the-Roosevelt/245330
Sonoma Wine Garden’s Halloween Party
- Enjoy your favorite wines and Sonoma Wine Garden food this Halloween with a costume party, DJ and dance party in the garden. DJ LE is providing the music and mixologist Rob Floyd will be spinning out yummy libations.
- 9 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- Website: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/sonoma-halloween-party-tickets-13716104237
Exchange LA Halloween Featuring Andrew Rayel
- Called the”modern-day Mozart, Andrew Rayel will be spinning tunes at Exchange LA in Downtown’s Historic Core.
- 10 p.m.- 3 a.m.
- Website: http://www.flavorus.com/event/Awakening-ft-Andrew-Rayel/268254?afflky=Y2RV4B
Chuckie’s Haunted Hell House at Create Nightclub
- DJ Chuckie has won chart success with songs like “Let the Bass Kick” and “Aftershock”.
- 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.
- Website: http://createnightclub.com/event.cfm?id=135253&cart&key=5IRz98PWSA
Vampire Masquerade Party at Couture
- Hollywood nightclub Couture is hosting a Vampire Masquerade, complete with DJs like Sourmilk, FUTR3 and ORGY, a”$1,000 costume contest and more.
- 8:30 p.m.
- Website: http://www.ticketzone.com/event/Vampire-Masquerade-Party/256960
Disclosure: This post is not associated with the above events in any way. I received no compensation for this post.