I love making homemade gifts instead of buying them, when possible! Now that it’s after the holiday season and everyone has received their gift glasses, I can post this craft and let you all know how to make these colorful hand-painted tumblers yourselves!
These custom glasses are super-easy and fun to make.
All you need is:
– Enamel (dishwasher safe) paint in your desired colors
– Glass tumblers (I got mine at Walmart for a great price. I also like IKEA’s)
– Cotton swabs
– Paper plate
– Sheet pan
– Parchment paper
1) Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. DO NOT preheat oven.
2) Put paint on a paper plate. This is where you can mix paint to form your own colors, if desired
3) Start with one glass and one color. Dip the end of a cotton swab in the paint and dot the tumbler. Use one color.
4) Start working on your next glass while glass #1 dries
5) Once glass #1 is dry, use another color to create a second layer of dots
7) Let the finished tumblers dry for an hour
8) Turn the tumblers upside down and place on the baking sheet
9) Place baking sheet in a cold oven (DO NOT PREHEAT), then set to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes to set the paint and make them dishwasher safe.
10) Turn off the heat and let the glasses cool for an hour before handling.
What colors would you use on your glasses? Let me know in the comments!
I got the instructions for this craft from PopSugar.