This has become one of my go-to recipes this summer. I’ve been trying to eat healthier and focus on losing weight and nourishing my body with real food. This is relatively fast to put together and tastes decadent. Adding lettuce to the mix makes for a more filling meal on less calories.
- 2 8.8 oz packages 90-second microwavable 7 Grains (like Full Circle or Seeds of Change)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup minced scallions (white and green parts)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pre-packaged salad greens (optional)
- Microwave both bags of 7 Grains (separately). Empty packages into large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl with the grains and mix well. Serve on top of salad greens, if desired. Can be enjoyed warm, or chilled in the fridge.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Platings + Pairings