Homemade cranberry sauce is even better than the canned stuff because you can quickly and easily customize it. New flavors are easily added with apples and dried cranberries (recipe HERE), with red wine and orange peel (recipe HERE) or with apples and cinnamon like the recipe below.
- 1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
- 2 large apples – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, add cranberries, apples, water, sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until cranberries pop and apples are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before refrigerating. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Baking Nana