You can make deep fried food at home without a deep fryer! Just be prepared to use a LOT of oil, and be careful not to burn yourself.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups panic bread crumbs
- 2 12/ cups leftover risotto, chilled overnight
- 10-12 1/2 inch cubes mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce for serving
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In three separate bowls, place flour, bread crumbs and water.
- Scoop the chilled risotto into 1/4 cup portions. Using wet hands, form each portion into a ball, tucking a mozzarella cube into the center. Place the balls on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Working one at a time, quickly roll each bowl in the flour, dip into the water and then roll in the bread crumbs to thoroughly coat. When all balls are breaded, chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a wide saucepan over medium-high heat. Add balls, 3-4 at a time. Cook, turning frequently, until golden brown all over (about 4 minutes).
- Transfer to a wire rack set over the other baking sheet to keep the balls crisp. Serve with tomato sauce to dip.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by PureWow.