Baked potatoes are a crowd-pleaser because you can offer a variety of selections to make everyone happy.
You can grill potatoes. I chose to place these in the oven because the grill was already full of steak and corn.
- Baking potatoes (russets are the go-to)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: Butter, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Chives, Jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes to clean them, then dry them.
- Using a knife, poke holes all throughout raw potatoes.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. Rub them all over with olive oil and lightly salt them.
- Bake until cooked thoroughly and soft in the center, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, set out toppings for your guests! Popular baked potato toppings are shredded cheese, butter, sour cream, chives and jalapeños.