I’ve always loved eating the broccoli out of Chinese takeout Broccoli Beef dishes. The sauce is just incredible, but Chinese restaurants never serve it without the beef. Here, I’ve replicated the sauce and thrown it over spaghetti noodles for a mix between Chow Mein & Broccoli Beef.
- 16 oz chow mein noodles or spaghetti noodles
- 8 cups broccoli florets, chopped (about 4 large heads)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave until it is just slightly tender and still crunchy. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and cook garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add broccoli, noodles and sauce and mix together, cooking until warm and combined. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by The Recipe Critic