No party is complete without some homemade Jello shots. Mix it up for Halloween with these badass Black Magic Jello Shots!
They create some extra work and they may stain your costume, but damn they’re fun and spooky (and delicious).
Yield: 24 Jello Shots
- 2 packages purple Jello, divided
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups vodka, divided
- Black food coloring
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Clear some room in your refrigerator for them!
2. Line the baking sheets with 2 oz Jello shot cups (available on Amazon). Set aside.
3. In a large measuring cup, whisk together 1 package purple Jello and 1 cup boiling water.
4. When Jello powder has dissolved completely, whisk in vodka.
5. Pour mixture into Jello shot cups, filling cups only halfway. Place trays in refrigerator to get firm, at least 2-3 hours.
6. When the Jello shots are firm, make the second layer. In a large measuring cup, mix together 1 package purple Jello and 1 cup boiling water.
7. When Jello powder has dissolved completely, whisk in vodka and black food coloring. Add black food coloring until you achieve the shade of black you’re looking for.
8. Pour black Jello shot mixture into cups, filling to top. Return to refrigerator to firm up, at least 2-3 hours.
9. When Jello shots are firm, remove from fridge. In a small bowl, combine sugar and black food coloring until you achieve the shade of black you desire.
There are two ways to apply the black sugar:
1. Use a spoon or your fingers to sprinkle black sugar onto the top of each Jello shot. Top each shot with a lid.
2. Dip each Jello shot cup upside down into water, then into the black sugar to “sand” the rim. With this method, you cannot place the lids on the Jello shot cups.
Either way you choose, your Halloween party guests (or adult trick-or-treaters) will be thrilled with these festive Jello shots!