If you can’t decide between bars and pie, these Blueberry Pie Bars are the perfect compromise.
Active time: 30 min // Total time: 2 hours
- For the crust:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the filling:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 heaping cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over on two sides. Spray the parchment.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Process until the mixture comes together and clumps, about 1 minute.
3. Remove 3/4 cup and reserve. Press the remaining crust mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, flour, cornstarch, vanilla extract and cinnamon until smooth.
5. Mix in 1 cup of blueberries.
6. Pour the filling mixture over the crust, shaking the pan gently to settle the custard and berries.
7. Pour the remaining 1 cup blueberries one the top, spreading them evenly.
8. Take the reserved crust and sprinkle it over the top of the berries, squeezing the mixture in your hands to encourage large lumps.
9. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool. Remove the bars from the pans and cut into pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Food Network