Cheesy broccoli is the best kind of broccoli! Move beyond the typical cheesy broccoli side or cheesy broccoli Mac n cheese with this grown-up version using orzo.
A note: I modified the recipe below to be even cheesier than the original.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in orzo and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Drain water, then add cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter and milk. Stir well and add more milk if needed. Add salt to taste and serve.