Nothing goes better with broccoli than cheese. Elevate a typical grilled cheese with fresh green broccoli florets!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 1 medium head broccoli, chopped into florets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- Using a steamer, or microwave and bowl of water, steam broccoli until tender but not too soft, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over low heat. Spread butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Layer cheese on the unbuttered side of half the bread slices, then broccoli, then cheese again. Top each with another slice of bread, butter side out.
- Grill sandwich in the skillet, butter sides out, flipping sandwiches as needed until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod
Other cheesy broccoli recipes: