There’s nothing better than cheesy broccoli (see here, here and here for delicious evidence!). Roll up broccoli and freshly shredded cheddar cheese in pizza dough and you’ve got a great appetizer for a party or gameday, or an easy weeknight “cheat” meal.
- 6 oz broccoli crowns, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz extra-sharp cheddar, grated (1 cup)
- Flour for the work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold in the cheese.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough. Shape into a 14-inch circle and cut into 8 triangles.
4. Divide the broccoli mixture among the triangles (about 1/3 cup per triangle).
5. Starting at the wide end, roll dough around the filling.
6. Transfer roll-ups to the prepared baking sheet. Brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Source: Adapted form a recipe by Woman’s Day