When it comes to”build your own,? we tend to think of Mexican food like a Chipotle or Qdoba situation. But you can also Build Your Own with Mediterranean food!
These Build Your Own Chickpea Shawarma Bowls are my favorite daytime meal to serve when we are having guests over in the pool. They are quick and easy to make, and everyone loves to customize their own meals!
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Red onion, chopped
- Cucumber, chopped (optional)
- Lettuce, shredded (optional)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Tahini (optional)
- Tzatziki sauce
- Make quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa cooks, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together chickpeas, olive oil and spices. Spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden brown and beginning to get crispy.
- Chop vegetables and set out in bowls.
- Allow your guests to create their own Mediterranean bowls or plates!
Source: Two Peas and Their Pod