There’s no better appetizer than caprese! You don’t have to make it into a salad, or a sandwich, though. Caprese skewers are fun to make and fun to eat, and make for a great portable appetizer at your backyard BBQ.
- Mozzarella balls (Bocconcini)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Wooden skewers
- Olive oil
- In a small bowl, marinate cherry tomatoes with a bit of olive oil.
- In another small bowl, sprinkle mozzarella balls liberally with salt and black pepper.
- When ready to assemble, take 1 wooden skewer. Alternate one mozzarella ball with one tomato and one basil leaf. Repeat to fill skewer.
- You can serve these as-is, or with dipping sauces on the side like rich olive oil or Balsamic vinegar.