I try so hard to eat healthy food, but I just don’t like it. What I do like? Garlic, pasta, olive oil and cheese. So I set to work figuring out a quick, easy, reasonably priced healthy dish that would also taste good. And believe me, did I find it! I’m sharing the recipe with you all here.
- Tri-color pasta or spinach pasta, in a shape (no regular pasta and no long noodles or this won’t work)
- Broccolini, fresh
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pearl or grape tomatoes, fresh
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Garlic olive oil (you can find this at Trader Joe’s) or fresh cloves of garlic
- Optional: Asparagus, peas or other green vegetable
- Boil water and cook the pasta
- Chop up the broccolini into small pieces. I like to chop much more than I think I need, because when you char it in the pan, it will drastically shrink in size.
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a frying pan and dump in the chopped broccolini. Stir consistently and flip so that the veggies blacken evenly. This is also the time to add in any other vegetables you may be using, like asparagus.
- Feel free to add more EVOO as needed to the broccoli. You want the broccoli to char/become blackened, but not fry to a crisp or burn to the pan.
- While the pasta and veggies are cooking, chop the pearl or grape tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and plate.
- Add the broccoli on top.
- Drizzle with garlic olive oil.
- Add tomato halves in a pretty pattern
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve! Eat too much. Feel fat and happy (and healthy).