If you’re unfamiliar with clafoutis, it’s a fruity dessert with a unique, rubbery texture. It’s definitely different, but those who enjoy it will love this easy summer berry version.
Prep time: 15 min // Cook time: 30 min // Total time: 45 min
- 3 large eggs
- cup white sugar
- cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweet cherries pitted
- 1 cup blackberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the whipped cream (optional)?
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch baking dish or skillet with butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars and eggs until pale yellow. Slowly add the melted cooled butter until evenly combined. Add the flour and salt and whisk until the batter is smooth.
3. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking until smooth and shiny. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
4. Place the cherries and blackberries in a buttered baking dish or skillet. Pour the batter over the fruit.
5. Bake 25 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 15 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar. Serve and dollop with whipped cream, if desired.
For the Whipped Cream:
Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean until medium stiff peaks form and then set aside.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking