I’ve always been obsessed with deviled eggs but was too afraid to make my own. Something about the textures just made me think that it was a difficult recipe to pull off.
Not so at all! This classic deviled egg recipe is beyond easy to pull off. I highly recommend whipping some up for your next socially distant quarantine backyard BBQ.
- 12 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Boil salted water in a large pan. Once water is boiling, add 12 eggs. Boil for 15 minutes.
2. Remove eggs from water and immediately blanch in a large bowl filled with ice water. Let sit 10 minutes.
3. Dry off eggs. Carefully peel the egg shells.
4. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and add to small mixing bowl. Place empty egg whites on tray.
5. In mixing bowl, mash together yolks with mayonnaise. Add mustard, relish, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir well.
6. Spoon egg yolk mixture into empty egg whites. Garnish with more paprika.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living