This Creamy Spring Pea and Lemon Cheese Ravioli may have a lot of ingredients for a dish that also uses pre-made cheese ravioli, but boy is this sauce worth it.
You’ll be unable to eat ravioli any other way after experiencing this decadent sauce.
- 16 oz pre-made cheese ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Steam peas in microwave; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour and slowly pour in the broth and white wine. Whisk in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour in heavy cream and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 3 additional minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and peas. Stir in cooked ravioli and toss until all ravioli is coated. Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod