I have to admit, adding whole chickpeas to a pasta dish confused me, but it’s a fun way to add texture (and protein) to this vegetarian Italian meal.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more, if you like your pasta spicy)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups dried pasta (I used fusilli)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Shredded mozzarella
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, chickpeas, pasta and stock to a medium pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently.
- When pasta is cooked through and liquid has evaporated, turn off heat, stir in mozzarella cheese and stir. Serve!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Sweet Peas and Saffron