Sometimes you just need a good old-fashioned Egg Salad Sandwich. No need to head to a diner – they’re so easy to whip up yourself!
- Olive oil-based mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in desired number of eggs, then cook 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from boiling water and blanch them in a large bowl of ice water.
- Once eggs have cooled, remove from ice water and dry them off. Crack and peel shells off desired number of eggs.
- Dice eggs and add to small bowl (I don’t like egg yolks, so here I’ve only used the whites).
5. Chop celery and onion. Add to bowl with egg.
6. Stir in 1 – 2 tablespoons mayo, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Spread mixture on bread (toasted sourdough, soft whole-grain wheat, buttery rolls, all are good options).