Even though Thanksgiving is over, there’s no reason to forget about cranberries! They’re in season and oh-so-delicious. I grabbed a bag of Ocean Spray cranberries at Ralph’s because they were on sale. But then when I got home I realized I had NO IDEA what to even do with cranberries!
Luckily, the back of the bag lists a super-easy recipe for homemade cranberry sauce. And as anyone who knows me is well aware, I can eat can after can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce – and love every minute of it. Thus, making my own seemed like a super fun idea!
You can do it too – you’ll feel so much more accomplished than when you simply open a can of the stuff and it’s fun to make.
- 1 12-oz package of Ocean Spray fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan
- Bring to boil
- Add cranberries, return to boil
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature
- Refrigerate until serving time
And that’s it! You’ll have 2″ delicious cups of homemade cranberry sauce and generally just feel like a boss.
You can view the full recipe HERE.
Disclosure: This post is not associated with Ocean Spray in any way. I received no compensation for this post.