If you love greasy noodles, this dish is for you! You’ll make your own hot Chile oil for any noodle of your choice (I used chow mein).
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Gochugaru
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz noodles (chow mein, rice, etc.)
- In a small saucepan, simmer vegetable oil for 2 minutes. Pour hot oil over Chile powder, garlic and ginger and set aside.
- Once oil has cooled, stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, boil noodles until al dente. Drain.
- Mix noodles and sauce together in a large bowl. Serve, topping with green onions.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Spoon Fork Bacon