This weeknight dish is super-simple to put together but tastes like it costs $45 at a high-end Italian restaurant. A simple lemon butter sauce speaks for itself!
- 20 oz cheese ravioli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 pounds asparagus, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook ravioli until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Steam asparagus for 3-4 minutes in a microwave, just until slightly cooked.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over low heat. Stir until melted. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in salt, pepper, thyme and lemon juice. Stir for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and cook until it reaches the desired “crunchiness,” and is infused with the lemon butter sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in Parmesan. Add ravioli, toss to combine.
- Top with lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Serving Dumplings