I’m always looking for new variations on fruity bundt cake. The tanginess of lemon and lime contrast wonderfully with the heavy cake in this Lemon Lime Pound Cake. The flavors are perfect for summer!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda (Sprite or 7UP)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Make cake: In a medium bowl, sift together flour and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and lemon and lime zest until pale and light, about 5 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add flour mixture, just until blended. Stir in soda.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack before inverting onto a plate.
5. Make glaze: Stir together confectioners? sugar, butter and juices; add more juice or sugar if needed. Spoon glaze over cake, distributing evenly. Garnish with lemon and lime zest, if desired.
Source: Southern Living