Lemon and raspberry are both sweet but also slightly tangy. They go great together in this yogurt cake, perfect for spring.
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
For the syrup:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a stand mixer, beat yogurt, sugar and lemon zest on medium-high speed until lightened.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the milk and vanilla and beat until blended.
6. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
7. In a small bowl, toss raspberries in 1 teaspoon flour. Gently stir into the batter.
8. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
9. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes, then turn it out onto the rack.
10. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer the lemon juiced and granulated sugar until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Using a long wooden skewer, pierce the sides and bottom of the warm cake at least 1 inch deep all over.
11. Brush the cake generously with the syrup.
12. Make the glaze by stirring together confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl until smooth. When cake is completely cool, turn the cake right side up and drizzle the glaze over the top.
13. Slice and enjoy!
Source: What’s Gaby Cooking