It’s beyond easy to “make your own butter,” and by this I mean infusing butter with flavors, spices and herbs on your own (not churning butter by hand like a colonial woman).
Serve this Lemon Thyme Butter on homemade cornbread, on a toasted baguette, a dinner roll or baguette, etc.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve and enjoy.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living.