Mango is such an underutilized ingredient! It’s one of my absolute favorite fruits. I was stoked to try it combined with black beans, green onions, lime and cheese’apprehensive, but excited.
I am so in love with this fresh and easy recipe that it has become one of my signature go-tos! I hope you enjoy it as well.
Prep time: 10 min // Cook time: 5 min // Total time: 15 min
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese or Mexican blend cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine mango, black beans, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently stir.
2. Divide mixture evenly over two of the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the mixture. Place the remaining tortillas on top.
3. Heat a large skillet or griddle pan over high heat and cook the quesadillas, turning over once, until golden and cheese is melted, about 4-5 minutes total. Cut into triangles and serve immediately with sour cream and limes on the side.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod