If there’s anything better than white cheddar cheese, it’s white cheddar cheese that’s been marinated in herbs, oils and spices. This is such an easy way to elevate an appetizer.
- 16 oz white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Crackers for serving
- Slice white cheddar cheese into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine roasted peppers, olive oil, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, scallions, parsley, basil, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add sliced cheese to bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with crackers or toasted bread.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Taste of Home.