What could make homemade lasagna better? Miniature lasagna, of course!
These mini wonton lasagnas are so cute, easy to make and portable. They’re ideal as an appetizer or as a fun entree.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, 1 minute.
3. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Season with Italian herb seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low.
4. To build the lasagnas, press a wonton wrapper into he base of a muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the sauce into the cup. Top with 2 teaspoons ricotta and 1 teaspoon mozzarella.
5. Press another wonton wrapper into the same cup, then top with 2 sauce, 2 teaspoons ricotta and 1 teaspoon mozzarella again.
6. Repeat this process until all 12 cups are filled.
7. Bake until the edges are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Cool before removing from the pan and serving.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by PureWow