These Monster Sugar Cookies are beyond adorable! I had so much fun mixing up the green color and sticking candy sugar eyeballs into the cookies.
They’re perfect for a Halloween party!
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- Green food coloring
- Extra sugar
- Candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
4. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
5. Add the flour mix, alternatively with the milk, to the butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
6. In a small bowl, combine green food coloring and sugar. Continue to add green food coloring until you have the shade of green that you desire.
7. Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the dough ball in the green sugar, then place on cookie sheet. Do not press down!
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and press candy eyeballs into them while they are still warm.
10. Let cool completely on wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
Source: A Pretty Life in the Suburbs