If you love tomatoes, this pasta dish is for you! The vegan sauce uses cherry tomatoes, tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes for a burst of flavor.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil (drained)
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if you like your pasta spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound bucatini or spaghetti
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven and heat on medium. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes and cook for 6 minutes, or until the tomatoes have begin to burst.
- Add in the garlic, red pepper, black pepper and salt. Stir well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the pasta, then pour in vegetable broth, water and tomato paste. Increase the heat to high and stir well. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Serve, topping with basil and Parmesan, if not Vegan.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Baker By Nature