There’s nothing like a tube of pre-cooked polenta to make a quick and easy weeknight meal.
These polenta bites make a great appetizer or light summer meal and are fast to make.
- 1 16 oz tube refrigerated polenta, cut into 12 even slices
- 2 15 oz cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
- Cook polenta rounds in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Each round should be cooked about 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While polenta is frying, cook black-eyed- peas, onion, water, red pepper and salt over medium heat for 3 minutes or until water evaporates.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes and cilantro.
- Spoon warm black-eyed pea mixture over polenta rounds. Serve with sour cream and additional cilantro, if desired.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living