I love risotto and a hobby of mine is finding new vegetables to put in it.
I’d never tried a Pea Risotto, so I gave this one a go. It turned out delicious and creamy, and the lemon makes it perfect for warm summer nights.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peas (or thawed, if frozen)
- Lemon wedges
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add in Arborio rice, stirring around in olive oil to coat each grain. Toast for about 90 seconds.
- Add in white wine and stir until all the wine has been absorbed.
- Begin adding in vegetable stock in 1/2 cup increments, waiting until liquid is absorbed before adding more. Add up to 4 cups.
- Once the rice is just tender, add in Parmesan cheese and combine. Add in peas and stir.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze on top of the warm risotto.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking