If you’re not cooking all your veggies with shallot, you need to get yourself to the grocery store right meow.
Prep time: 10 min // Cook time: 20 min // Total time: 30 min
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more to finish (or Parmesan cheese)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the butter with olive oil & sea salt in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snap peas, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes; saut’ for 4-5 minutes until garlic is fragrant and the snap peas are lightly saut’ed. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Turn heat off and add cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the snap peas. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top with more freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking