I’m not a huge fan of refried beans on their own, but when mixed with whole pinto beans they can become delicious. Add salsa and shredded cheese and you’ve got yourself a delicious side dish for any Mexican entree.
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup salsa (I use Pace Chunky Medium)
- 4 oz shredded medium Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large casserole dish, mix together 3 cans of beans.
- Stir in 1 cup salsa.
- Top with 3/4 of the shredded cheese, then microwave, covered, for 10-15 minutes, until beans are hot and cheese is fully melted.
- Top with remaining cheese and serve!