I’m not a HUGE fan of potatoes, unless they’re perfectly fried & seasoned French fries OR in curry. This Potato, Tomato and Pea Curry is super easy to make, and features soft, tender golden potatoes and fresh veggies.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 oz fresh tomatoes, chopped (around 5 medium tomatoes)
- 14 oz golden potatoes, chopped
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or thawed from frozen
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic and onion in a nonstick pan for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and sauté an additional minute to coat.
- Add fresh tomatoes and press down gently to begin releasing their juices. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook on medium-low, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are fork-tender (about 10 minutes).
- At the last minute, add in green peas. Stir and serve over a bed of rice.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Earth of Maria