I like my noodles saucy, and this recipe delivers. You can make it with or without the fried tofu.
- 1 brick extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 pound (280 grams) uncooked ramen bricks
- 1 cup vegetable broth, room temperature
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (optional, for color)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Sesame oil
- Bring a large bowl of salted water to a boil. Cook ramen noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Drain and press tofu, then cut into small cubes.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Fry tofu cubes until they reach the desired level of firm.
- In a small bowl, mix vegetable broth, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and pepper.
- Return noodles, fried tofu and sauce to pot. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is well incorporated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed. You can also garnish with chopped scallions or sprouts.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by The Foodie Takes Flight.