If you really, REALLY love green onions, this quick and easy noodle dish is for you! You can use ramen, udon, spaghetti or other dry wheat noodles.
- 4.5 oz (130 g) dry wheat noodles
- 1/8 cup olive, vegetable, canola or sesame oil
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions (around 5 stalks)
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mushroom dark soy sauce for color – optional
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until chewy. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar until sugar is diluted.
- Heat 1/8 cup oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Add in the white chopped scallions first. Cook on low heat 3-4 minutes, or until lightly brown. Do not burn them!
- Next, add in green part of scallions. Stir and cook another 3-4 minutes until lightly brown. Add in sesame oil and mix.
- Combine noodles, scallion oil and sauce. Cook another few minutes and stir to coat noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by The Foodie Takes Flight