I made this dip for a pool party and it was an instant hit! Try it and you may be surprised how a simple pea and Parmesan dip can be so very tasty.
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2-8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a food processor, blend together peas, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mint, garlic cloves, salt and pepper until smooth.
- With the machine running, add in additional tablespoons olive oil (up to 6 additional, 8 total) as needed to make the dip as smooth or chunky as desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living