I’m always on the lookout for new sauces and ingredients to spice up ordinary pasta dishes.
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 14oz can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 large sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Add onions and saut? for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, artichokes, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Cover pot and simmer sauce on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue to simmer until sauce thickens.
- Toss pasta with sauce, adding pasta water as needed. Serve!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Simply Whisked.