If you don’t have a George Foreman grill in your kitchen, WHAT are you even doing??? Go to Amazon RIGHT NOW and buy one. They’re about $30 and they’re a surprisingly versatile tool.
People know George Foreman grills as ways to cook fat off meats, and grill up burgers for one or two. But it also works as an excellent panini press!
I made these absolutely gourmet-looking (and tasting) white cheddar apple paninis on my George Foreman grill in a matter of minutes.
- Bread of your choice (I used sourdough because I couldn’t find ciabatta at the store)
- Sharp white cheddar cheese
- Golden Delicious apples
- Honey mustard or White Dijon mustard
- Slice white cheddar cheese and arrange on bottom piece of bread. Slice golden delicious apples into thin, flat slices and lay on top of cheese.
- On underside of top slice of bread, spread honey mustard or white dijon mustard.
- Generously butter the outsides of both pieces of bread. Place in pre-heated George Foreman grill until bread is golden brown and crispy and cheese is melted (about 3-5 minutes). Slice and serve!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living?