Pita chips and hummus are an ideal summer appetizer, just like tortilla chips and fresh homemade salsa. Sure, you could put out a bag of Stacy’s pita chips and call it a day. Or you could spend a few minutes and whip up some delicious, perfectly seasoned pita chips of your own.
- 4 pitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons za’atar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a bread knife, cut each pita round into 8 triangles. Place the triangles in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle pita slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with za?atar, salt and pepper.
4. Bake until golden brown and crispy on the outside (but still soft and chewy on the inside), about 10 minutes.