I love throwing dinner parties! But they can be so much work, and really stressful. And who wants to be stuck in the kitchen all night when all your friends are out in the living room enjoying some wine and conversation?
That’s why whenever I have people over I make these delicious bruschetta appetizers. They are literally so fast and easy to make en bulk, look impressive and taste delicious!
- 1 loaf fresh French bread (serves about 6 people, scale accordingly for more guests)
- 1 jar sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 jar jarred or homemade pesto
- 1 container of shaved Parmesan cheese
- Baking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice French bread loaf into thin rounds, like crostini
- Toast slices in oven for 5-6 minutes, until crispy but not too crispy (they’re not done yet).
- Add whatever toppings you’d like! I like to mix and match the bruschetta – some will have pesto, some with sundried tomatoes. You can also experiment with things like olive tapenade, marinara or whatever else floats your boat.
- Bake in oven for another 2-4 minutes, until toppings are hot.
- Remove from oven and carefully add shredded Parmesan to bruschetta
- Let cool for 5 minutes, serve and watch them disappear!
Try out this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments! What is YOUR go-to dish when you’re having people over?