If there’s anything better than cheesy broccoli, it’s cheesy broccoli on a potato.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped & divided
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt OR sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a small baking dish. Bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool, slice each one in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large mixing bowl. Be careful to leave the potato skins intact.
- Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using a potato masher, mash butter and potato pulp together until fairly smooth. Add Greek yogurt/sour cream, buttermilk, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup shredded cheese. Mix.
- Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells, then top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Serve.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Baker By Nature