I’ll try any combination of pasta, tomato sauces and melty cheese. This creamy pasta bake uses two kinds of tomatoes and 2 types of cheese for a truly decadent casserole.
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1 28 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cubed fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set aside a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine until al dente. Drain and add back into the pot.
3. Add butter, pesto, pasta sauce, sundried tomatoes, fontina cheese and cream. Gently toss everything together until a creamy sauce has formed, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer mixture to 9×13 baking dish. Scatter shredded mozzarella on top.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
6. Top with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Half Baked Harvest