It’s summer, which means I’m all about cold”salads”. No, not just boring lettuce-and-dressing salads. I mean pasta salads, potato salads? and orzo salads.
This orzo salad with black beans, corn, tomatoes and buttermilk dressing is a fun, fresh, delicious take on a classic pasta salad. It makes a TON of food, so you can keep it in your fridge and dine for days.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, toss orzo with corn, cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh lime juice, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir well using a wire whisk.
- Drizzle dressing over orzo mixture and toss. Garnish with remaining cilantro and parsley.
The original recipe is spicy. Mine is not. Click the link to see that version.
Source (recipe adjusted from): https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/orzo-salad-with-spicy-dressing