There’s nothing better than sun-dried tomatoes, unless it’s pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 pound spaghetti, uncooked
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 20 sun-dried tomatoes (in oil, drained), roughly chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and dried
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, and cook according to package instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, add scallions, tomatoes and 1/4 cup half-and-half to a food processor and puree.
3. Spoon mixture into a saucepan along with remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half. Heat until almost simmering over medium low heat. Do not allow the mixture to boil or it will separate. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to sauce.
5. Return pasta to large pot. Add sauce. Toss and stir, cooking over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until mixed. Add remaining pasta cooking water if needed.
6. Stir in parsley, 1/4 cup Parmesan and 2 tablespoons capers. Serve hot.