Pasta with lemon is my favorite. I love making new recipes that involve lemon and fresh spring vegetables, and ricotta is some of my favorite cheese. I’m stoked with how this dish came out!
- 1 pound large pasta shells
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, discarding tough ends. Cut sugar snap peas in half.
- Stir together ricotta, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil in a stockpot over high heat. Add 1/8 cup salt, return to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 11 minutes.
- Add asparagus and sugar snap peas, and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Stir in olive oil and reserved pasta water.
- Spread half of ricotta mixture in serving dish. Top with pasta mixture. Dollop with remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest and pepper.