Mint is such an underutilized ingredient. I’ve started including it in my pasta dishes and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer.
This Sweet Pea and Mint Pasta Toss is an easy way to try out the trend.
- 1 16 oz box dry pasta – penne, fusilli, rotini, etc.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (optional)
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut sugar snap peas in half length-wise. Add sugar snap peas to boiling water during last few minutes of cooking time.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice and minced shallot; let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in olive oil, parsley, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix pasta, sugar snap peas, peas (optional) and lemon vinaigrette dressing in a large bowl; serve. Add additional freshly ground pepper to taste, and / or freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.
Source: Southern Living