I have a few go-to recipes that I’m known for serving at gatherings, and these nachos are one of them!
Britt’s Famous Nachos are a hit because they feature tons of good stuff – black beans, green onion and TONS of cheese – and because they’re fast and easy to whip together. The key is in the layering method I’ve described below.
- 1 11 oz bag Mission Tortilla Strips
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 32 oz shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered (or homemade pico de Gallo)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- Limes, quartered, for serving
- Daisy sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread a large cookie sheet with a thin layer of Mission Tortilla strips. Top with 1/2 the cheese.
- When oven has preheated, melt cheese on chips, about 4 minutes. Remove pan from oven and add black beans and onion. Top with a second layer of Mission Tortilla strips and the rest of the cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add black beans, onion and green onion. Bake until all layers are heated through and cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and top with tomatoes (or pico de Gallo) and cilantro. Serve with limes, sour cream and plenty of napkins!
Get my recipe for homemade Pico de Gallo HERE.